NEW THIS WEEK, 08/14/2017:
– Daily Municipal Bond Yields – (08/18)
– Overcoming Fiscal Distress Part III: Solving Financial Distress with Economic Development – (08/16)
– MuniNet Featured Bond Issue: Lake Oswego School District #7J (OR) – $160 Million – (08/14)
Private Higher Education: Median $ Unrestricted Resources to Debt, 2009-2016, via Merritt Research Services.
The Unrestricted Resources to Debt ratio measures the coverage of debt that is covered by financial reserves that are expendable by universities. This is at heart a measure of liquidity; how prepared is a given institution for financial emergencies or revenue volatility, be it sudden, dramatic changes in enrollment, cuts in state funding or private grants, or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Private Higher Education – Median Unrestricted Resources represent 62% of Total Debt. Slightly Down in 2016 from Past two years.
- 18.7% of all Private Higher Ed Universities had less than 10% Unrestricted Resources to Debt.
Looking for a municipal research hub that provides both data and analysis with an accent on municipal finance and economic health? MuniNet Guide is your solution.
Since the late 1990s, MuniNet has had you covered when it comes to facts, demographics, and municipal research and insights. Our work provides a snapshot look at America’s cities, counties and states, focusing on matters relevant to their financial and economic well-being.
Today, MuniNet provides coverage of a host of areas of focus, that distinguish it as a leading website source and authority on municipal finance and bonds, municipal defaults and bankruptcy, fiscal distress and unfunded pension liabilities, infrastructure, summary demographic and employment statistics, as well as topical articles of current events.