- Baton Rouge, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Hammond, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Houma-Thibodaux, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Lafayette, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Lake Charles, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Monroe, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- New Orleans-Metairie, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Shreveport-Bossier City, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
Louisiana Employment Analysis
( Data Date : April 2017 )
Louisiana Employment Data
Located in the Bureau of Labor Statistics Southwest region, Louisiana’s economy has historically depended on natural resource extraction and processing, with an emphasis on oil and gas extraction and refining industries. While these industries continue as a significant share of the state’s economy, Louisiana is focused on attracting additional capacity for extraction and processing, new manufacturing plants, and professional and technical employers, thereby diversifying the labor market and adding high-wage and skilled workers. (Source: Louisiana Workforce Commission)
State/Metropolitan Employment Data:
Louisiana Unemployment Rate Trends (% change)
Employment information is based on data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
Graphs and charts are based on monthly data from 2000 to present (BLS reports monthly data a month to six weeks after the close of each month).
The data MuniNet Guide uses and presents is seasonally adjusted.