- Columbia, SC Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Florence, SC Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin, SC Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Hilton Head Island-Bluffton-Beaufort, SC Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Myrtle Beach-Conway-North Myrtle Beach, SC-NC Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Spartanburg, SC Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Sumter, SC Metropolitan Statistical Area
South Carolina Employment Analysis
( Data Date : April 2017 )
South Carolina Employment Data
Located in the heart of the fast growing markets of the Southeast region, the Palmetto State’s economy continues transitioning from traditional manufacturing (such as textiles), to an economy built around advanced manufacturing that is thoroughly engaged in the global economy. New plants from Volvo and Boeing are examples of the influx of new capital projects, and construction and distribution is bettered by improvements to the Port of Charleston. Population growth is supported by in-migration of new residents and retirees.
State/Metropolitan Employment Data:
South Carolina Unemployment Rate Trends (% change)
Employment information is based on data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
Graphs and charts are based on monthly data from 2000 to present (BLS reports monthly data a month to six weeks after the close of each month).
The data MuniNet Guide uses and presents is seasonally adjusted.