States, Cities and Counties
Click on a state to begin.
City and State Information
Click on a state on the map above, or select a state, county, or city from the drop down menu, to view the latest population statistics, zip codes, city demographics, state demographics. You can also access your location’s official website.
Have you ever needed a quick snapshot of the demographic and employment outlook for a city or state? Are you an individual or family looking for a change to a new environment? A recent graduate looking for potential cities to find work? Are you a bond analyst or other researcher looking for fast access to municipal demographics? Our individual city and state pages give you the information you are looking for.
A Look at State Tax Revenue Burdens:
- Key Statistical Takeaways from Per Capita State Tax Revenue Median Trends
– The state (excluding territories) median for total governmental activities tax revenue per capita reached its highest level in FY 2017, more than any year since 2003.
- The per capita level of $2,655 is higher than it would be if you apply the inflation rate from the end of 2003’s per capita level of $1,708, in which case the expected inflation adjusted level would be $2,344 for October 2018.
- In 2017, the top five states governments with the highest governmental activities per capita tax revenue were Vermont at $4,917, Hawaii at $4,658, Delaware at $4,561 and Connecticut at $4,499 and Minnesota at$4,430.
- Alaska had the lowest governmental activities taxes per capita level at $916 and New Hampshire was next at $1,667.
City and towns featured on MuniNet Guide
- Elizabeth, New Jersey
- Jackson, Tennessee
- Lombard, Illinois
- Bellevue, Nebraska
- Tampa, Florida
- Columbia, Missouri
- Sherrelwood, Colorado
Job listings featured on MuniNet Guide
- Electrical Engineering jobs in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Social Work jobs in St. Joseph, Missouri
- Nurse practitioner roles in Tacoma, Washington