The South Municipal Finance Society presents Southern Profile: Reflection, Introspection, and Transformation. Topics will include:
• Amazon Effect – To Incentivize or Not, the pros and cons for communities.
• “De-banking” – Are banks leaving rural areas? Direct loans were important during the previous recession, will this trend leave these areas more vulnerable?
• Disaster Relief – Hear about best practices for resilience and recovery.
• Health Care – Rural hospitals and large city hospitals face different challenges and opportunities. Hear from all sides what the health care sector is facing.
• Housing – Some areas in the south are growing fast. What lessons can the region learn to ensure affordable housing opportunities are available during this period of rapid expansion?
For the last 29 years, Bond Buyer has hosted the California Public Finance Conference. The Conference brings together leaders across the field of municipal finance ranging from investment bankers, rating agencies, buyers, and more to discuss key topics in public finance.
The National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA) will host a Fall Advanced Seminar that will address the Changing Face of Healthcare.This seminar will focus on current issues facing the healthcare industry, including pressure on margins, technological changes and innovations, demographic pressures, the impact of the ACA and states’ expansion of Medicaid, as well as continued efforts to scale back the ACA, mergers and acquisition trends, medical education initiatives, and investor appetite.
The CDFA National Summit brings together leaders in development finance to discuss best practices, innovation, trends, and solutions. A tentative agenda is on the site and the Summit is accepting presentation submissions through the end of June.
City Summit is for local leaders to convene and collaborate on solutions to the common challenges facing America’s cities. Each year, the confereced offers fresh and new best practices for government officials to improve the city conditions.
This year’s conference will take place in San Antonio, Texas. More details are forthcoming
None of the original content provided by MuniNetGuide.com may be reproduced or used for commercial purposes without the express permission of the publisher. All references to municipal bonds or information related thereto is for informational purposes only. It is general in nature and based on matters or authorities that are subject to change. It is not intended as a recommendation or advice with respect to municipal financial products or the issuance of municipal securities. Accordingly, readers should consult with and seek advice of their own independent registered municipal advisor with respect to individual situations or any questions relating to their own affairs.