- Carbondale-Marion, IL Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Champaign-Urbana, IL Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Danville, IL Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Davenport-Moline-Rock Island, IA-IL Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Decatur, IL Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Kankakee, IL Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Peoria, IL Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Rockford, IL Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Springfield, IL Metropolitan Statistical Area
Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI Metropolitan Area Employment Analysis
( Data Date : October 2017 )
Illinois Employment Data
Located in the Midwest region of the United States, Illinois is the fifth most populous state in the nation. The state is divided into 12 metropolitan statistical areas (MSA). With a population of over 9 million residents, the Chicago-Joliet-Naperville metro area is the largest in Illinois.
The latest employment scorecard for the State of Illinois for August 2016 to August 2017 is listed below, based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Illinois has had a challenging year according to the employment scorecard. The civilian labor force shrank, and by a troubling 1.36 percent. The labor force participation rate also shrank, by 0.9 percent. The unemployment rate did shrink 0.8 percent, to 5.0 percent. A falling unemployment rate, along with a still-healthy 64.0 percent labor force participation rate, indicates that there is still underlying strength upon which Illinois can recover. You can view what jobs are available in Illinois, as well as which sectors of the economy are growing most quickly, on our Job Listings page.
Illinois Employment Data:
Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI Metropolitan Area Unemployment Rate Trends (% change)
%95.26 of the Total Labor Force is Employed.
Employment information is based on data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
Graphs and charts are based on monthly data from 2000 to present (BLS reports monthly data a month to six weeks after the close of each month).
The data MuniNet Guide uses and presents is seasonally adjusted.