- Clarksville, TN-KY Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Cleveland, TN Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Jackson, TN Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Johnson City, TN Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Kingsport-Bristol-Bristol, TN-VA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Knoxville, TN Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Memphis, TN-MS-AR Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Morristown, TN Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Nashville-Davidson--Murfreesboro--Franklin, TN Metropolitan Statistical Area
Nashville-Davidson--Murfreesboro--Franklin, TN Metropolitan Area Employment Analysis
( Data Date : March 2019 )
Tennessee Employment Data
Located in the Southeast region of the U.S., the Volunteer State is known for Nashville’s country-music and the blues and jazz of Memphis, both major tourism destinations. The state’s employment mix is transforming, as manufacturing continues to give way to professional and business services, education and health services, and leisure and hospitality services. Tennessee’s economy benefits from a favorable state and local tax structure and strong investment in auto manufacturing, but is challenged by low educational attainment and worker productivity.
State/Metropolitan Employment Data:
Nashville-Davidson--Murfreesboro--Franklin, TN Metropolitan Area Unemployment Rate Trends (% change)
%97.64 of the Total Labor Force is Employed.
Employment information is based on data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
Graphs and charts are based on monthly data from 2000 to present (BLS reports monthly data a month to six weeks after the close of each month).
The data MuniNet Guide uses and presents is seasonally adjusted.