- Charlottesville, VA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Harrisonburg, VA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Lynchburg, VA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Richmond, VA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Roanoke, VA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Staunton-Waynesboro, VA Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Beach-Norfolk-Newport News, VA-NC Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Winchester, VA-WV Metropolitan Statistical Area
Lynchburg, VA Metropolitan Statistical Area Employment Analysis
( Data Date : July 2019 )
Virginia Employment Data
A Mid-Atlantic state with a rich history, Virginia is in the middle of significant demographic changes. The D.C. metro area continues to expand into northern Virginia, as indicated by the fact that Virginia has been the top state for U.S. Department of Defense contracts since 2009. Virginia has a highly educated workforce that is attractive to high-growth industries, including healthcare, biosciences, cyber security and energy. Although federal spending has a large impact on Virginia’s overall economic health, a strong foundation in agriculture and forestry, as well as a strong infrastructure, put it in a good position for the years to come.(Source: Virginia Secretary of Office and Trade and the Virginia Economic Development Partnership)
State/Metropolitan Employment Data:
Lynchburg, VA Metropolitan Statistical Area Unemployment Rate Trends (% change)
%97.24 of the Total Labor Force is Employed.
Employment information is based on data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
Graphs and charts are based on monthly data from 2000 to present (BLS reports monthly data a month to six weeks after the close of each month).
The data MuniNet Guide uses and presents is seasonally adjusted.